TAWANI Enterprises, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: TAWANI Property Management
The Assistant Property Manager provides all administrative support services and reception duties for the Management Office at the Monroe Building. This person will coordinate all tenant requests, vendor ordering, communications, office supply procurement, and serve as the primary point of contact for all customer service-related activities. The Assistant Property Manager, as directed by the Property Manager, will assist in the areas of tenant relations, administrative responsibilities, insurance, maintenance, building operations, and accounting.
Perform duties: (a) in a fiduciary capacity; (b) in a manner consistent with the standards and principles of professional property management practice and care; (c) in compliance with all applicable standards and recommendations of insurance carriers and/or underwriters; and (d) in compliance with all present or future federal, state, local and quasi-governmental laws, ordinances, orders, rules and regulations of governmental authorities having jurisdiction over Owner, Manager and/or the Property. (e) This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. (f) This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company. (g) The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Provide administrative support and reception duties, greet walk-in tenants, visitors, vendors, and contractors; handle their needs or direct them to the appropriate staff.
• Answer all incoming telephone calls and handle their needs and questions or direct to the appropriate staff.
• Receive and process mail and packages including date stamping and distributing all incoming mail.
• Maintain office equipment, levels of office supplies, janitorial supplies and keep the office neat and organized
• Maintain all files, including tenant leases, vendor files, service contracts, construction, and other miscellaneous files as directed by the Property Manager.
• Assist with the preparation, printing, and distribution of tenant communication, notices, newsletters, website, or e-mails as applicable.
• Assist Property Manager with tenant events including, planning, set-up, take-down, tenant notices, etc.
• Prepare and distribute new tenant packets, train new tenants on use and access to Commercial Café/work order system,
• Visitor Management System, building operations, etc.
• Order and coordinate delivery of welcome letter/gifts for tenant anniversaries as directed by the Property Manager.
• Track, file and maintain insurance certificates consistent with requirements for all tenants, vendors, tenant’s vendors, contractors and update as required. Send 30 days notices when COIs are set to expire.
• Monitor tenant requests through Commercial Café (tenant work-order request system), following up to ensure satisfactory completion of each request and maintain/administer the work-order and leasing portal system. Close and billback tenant work-orders. Prepare quotes for extra tenant services.
• Assist Property Manager with abstract tenant leases and enter lease detail into Yardi.
• Assist with communication with engineering, security staff, and janitorial, including daily tenant requests, after-hours access, etc.
• Ensure orderly loading dock delivery operations are consistent with building rules and regulations.
• Maintain updated information in building access control system and administer, distribute/deactivate photo ID access cards as needed.
• Promote and foster positive relationships with tenants and owner.
• Ensure familiarity with building emergency procedures manual to be able to direct tenants during emergency situations.
• Assist with accounting procedures, to include, forwarding invoices to Property Manager for approval, submitting financial information (invoices) to AP department, and following up on past due invoices. Deposit monthly tenant rent payments.
• Manage Fitness Center access including Waivers, access key cards and payment. Schedule and manage Fitness Center equipment maintenance and order supplies.
• Update tenant emergency and after-hours contact list.
• Assistant Property Manager shall operate the Property as a quality business unit and shall, subject to the provision of funds by Owner, perform all acts necessary or desirable for the efficient operation of the Property. In connection with its operation of the Property, Assistant Property Manager shall provide or arrange for the provision to the tenants of those services required to be provided in their respective Leases or required by applicable Laws, those deemed reasonably necessary and appropriate by the Property Manager and such other services as Owner may approve in writing.
• Assistant Property Manager shall ensure that the Building, Personal Property, and grounds comprising the Property are at all times well maintained, in good order and repair, in a proper state of cleanliness and in compliance with all Laws. Manager shall make all repairs, alterations, decorations, or replacements (“Repairs”) which shall be reasonably required to preserve, maintain, and keep the Property in first class condition and in compliance with all Laws.
• Assistant Property Manager shall perform and carry out all other acts and services which are customary for the management of properties of like size and character or as may be required for the efficient and business-like operation of the Property.
• Notify Property Manager if any alterations, additions, or improvements, structural or nonstructural, shall be required in order to cause the Building to be in compliance with applicable Laws. Assistant Property Manager shall promptly forward to Property Manager copies of all communications or notices from any governmental authorities, insurance companies or others regarding any violations of any Laws relating to the Property.
• Any other duties assigned by the Property Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree helpful
• 2-5 years’ experience in property management, as well as significant experience working in an administrative capacity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced with customer service
• Excellent computer skills, to include experience with Microsoft Office products, Yardi Voyager and Commercial Café
• Highly developed organizational skills and attention to detail a requirement
• Ability to be on call, including evenings and weekends.
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
• Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
• Ability to be on-call, including evenings and weekends.
• Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the property.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
DEPARTMENT: Pritzker Military Museum & Library
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the President and CEO, performing a wide variety of functions independently, exercising confidential discretion and sound judgment in the performance of these duties. The Executive Assistant helps to screen phone calls and take detailed messages, maintain office files, keep calendar to include scheduling meetings, prepare mailings and routine correspondence as directed, run errands, attend meetings, and complete reports as requested by the President and CEO. Administrative services may be provided to other department staff as required. Additionally, this person will assist with special projects as assigned by the President and CEO.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Being knowledgeable in all activities and projects the President and CEO is involved in, as to accurately respond to routine inquiries from staff.
• Developing and implementing systems to ensure needs and expectations of the President and CEO are met in a timely and efficient manner.
• Organizing meetings called by the President and CEO, including preparing agendas, inviting attendees, scheduling meeting rooms, ordering equipment, taking and transcribing meeting minutes, monitoring action and follow-up items, and keeping permanent records as appropriate.
• Setting up and monitoring working project files, assuring deadlines are met.
• Scheduling appointments, keeping calendar current, providing optimal time for work and special projects.
• Managing the President’s office budget.
• Sorting, reading and annotating incoming mail and documents, ensuring all documents are complete prior to obtaining executive’s signature; composing responses or providing pertinent information for executive response, when necessary.
• Answering, screening and handling telephone calls appropriately. Representing executives(s), responds to calls relaying information reflecting executive’s views and wishes, reporting back any unusual circumstances.
• Composing correspondence for signature.
• Maintain and oversee department permanent files in accordance with policy. Keeping current, as well a pertinent background information available and easily retrievable, serving as an “information resource” as requested.
• Coordinating all travel arrangements for President and CEO including airfare, hotel and/or conference registration, etc., respective of budgetary limits and policy guidelines.
• Assisting with front desk coverage and the duties included, when this person is absent
• Providing additional administrative assistance to the department as required.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
• 3- 5 years experience in specific administrative support capacity
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications quickly;
• Intermediate to advanced level abilities with Microsoft Office products and Adobe products
• Ability to organize and lead projects and perform multiple tasks in a busy environment
• Flexible and ability to adapt readily to changing circumstances