TAWANI Enterprises, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: TAWANI Enterprises Inc.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for activities related to processing payroll for all TAWANI entities. The payroll professional should exhibit strong organizational skills and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Provides exceptional service and support to all Tawani employees or Tawani designated talent resources.
• Process bi-weekly payrolls including but not limited to verifying hours, calculating OT and retro pay, processing benefit deductions, and bonus payouts.
• Prepare off cycle payrolls and manual checks as needed.
• Process stop payments and reissues of lost payroll checks/direct deposit reversals; investigate and resolve all payroll discrepancies in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Perform payroll-related maintenance functions in Stratex, including but not limited to, salary changes, tax changes, deductions updates, and direct deposits.
• Provide ad hoc payroll or job/salary reports for HR, operations, accounting, or other departments as requested.
• Process employment verifications.
• Handle federal/state agency reporting requests.
• Closely work with payroll vendors with regards to employee garnishments.
• Conduct year end W2 audits.
• Knowledge and backup of HRIS system.
• Supports new and existing projects within HR department as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5 or more years’ experience in payroll operations
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic business environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• MS Office, particularly experienced Excel use is required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and process improvement skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Team player with a strong customer focus and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems required
• Bachelor’s degree, HR/finance/accounting preferred