TAWANI Enterprises, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: TAWANI Enterprises Inc.
The Systems Support is responsible for administering the systems applications and reporting platforms for finance/accounting providing training and support to TAWANI end-users while efficiently maintaining the system and database. Current systems applications include Yardi, Quick Books and Resnexus.
DEPARTMENT: TAWANI Enterprises
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator, under general supervision, provides accounts receivable services for the corporate functions of Tawani Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliated companies and partnerships within the guidelines of the organization. This position contributes to department and organization success with timely processing of intercompany billings and payments received, reconciling expense and credit card reimbursements, generating monthly statements for borrowers and assisting with special projects as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for accounts receivable for corporate entities and related entities processing intercompany billings and payments received.
• Understands, complies, and communicates Billing, Collecting and Recording policies and procedures.
• Generates intercompany billings in accordance with recurring payment requirements, specific invoices for reimbursement, expense and credit card reimbursements and other expense reimbursements as required.
• Generates and maintains billings and monitors collections for precious metals processing.
• Codes invoices and payments according to budget and chart of accounts as required for entities processed.
• Generates intercompany transactions in financial reporting system and ensures corresponding invoices/billings are submitted for disbursement processing.
• Reconciles intercompany receivables to ensure all outstanding balances have been invoiced.
• Monitors reimbursement process to ensure all credit card receipts are submitted and reconciled timely.
• Generates monthly statements for borrowers remitting payment monthly and generates quarterly statements for borrowers remitting payment via payroll deduction.
• Researches and resolves intercompany account discrepancies and issues and considers options to improve processing ongoing.
• Assists with the annual reporting of IRS Form 1098’s.
• Provides reporting metrics as requested.
• Responsible for special projects as assigned by Controller or CFO.
POSITION SUCCESS MEASUREMENTS AND OBJECTIVES:
• Successfully processing all intercompany billings and payments and deposits.
• Intercompany accounts reconcile with minimal outstanding issues.
• No lost checks.
• Leaders are notified timely of borrower non-payment.
• Minimum number of journal entries to correct coding errors
• Ability to correspond professionally with all levels within and outside the organization
• 5 years accounts receivable or general accounting experience required.
• Associates Degree in a relatable field helpful.
• Experience in processing inter-company billings and payments a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency meeting deadlines in a variable work volume setting.
• Intermediate to expert skillset with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word in particular).
• Required intermediate to expert competency with Yardi (or similar accounting system).
• Prior experience conducting internet research and resource utilization.
• Keen proficiency with details.
• Must have diligent organization affinity.
• Effectively implements multi-tasking activities.
• Demonstrated pro-active problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated capability to apply judgment and confidentiality parameters consistently.
• Conscientious about providing a desired work ethic.
• Communication abilities include appropriate written and verbal talents required by the situation and the audience.
• A reliable self-starter who can also participate as a team member.
DEPARTMENT: Pritzker Military Foundation
The Grants Manager is responsible for administration of all TAWANI Foundation and Pritzker Military Foundation grants in accordance with the policies established by the Founder, President, Board of Directors, Program Managers, and Executive Director. This role works closely with the Executive Director, Program Managers, Grants Coordinator, internal service support teams (i.e., legal, accounting, marketing) and external grantees in processing and reviewing documentation of approved grants.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Notifies grant applicants of approved/declined status.
• Prepares documents including but not limited to grant agreements and reporting templates in compliance with legal requirements and company standards.
• Communicates with grantees regarding required documentation for new grant agreements and tracks subsequent reports required to generate disbursements.
• Works with Grants Coordinator to update Akoya grants database and coordinate disbursement of grant payments in a timely manner. Assures accuracy of data in Akoya.
• Manages all existing grants to assure compliance with grant terms.
• Tracks payment amounts and due dates, providing quarterly reports to Foundation staff.
• Provides reports for monthly grant review meetings, nonprofit flash meetings, and board meetings.
• Adheres to all Foundation procedures and policies regarding grant applications, documentation and disbursements.
• Works with Marketing staff to maintain updated grant information on Foundation websites.
• Contributes to a positive, equitable work environment for Foundation staff.
• Participates in professional development as needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelors or higher degree in public/nonprofit administration, communications, or business required.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a nonprofit setting, including work with grants administration.
• Proven success in building relationships with key organizations and key individuals to create mutually supportive exchanges.
• Strong computer literacy, including ability to gather, interpret, organize and present data using MS Office Suite. Experience with grant database systems preferred.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Effective communication skills and “team player” attitude.
DEPARTMENT: TAWANI Enterprises Inc.
The Financial Analyst, under general supervision, provides financial analysis services for Tawani Enterprises, Inc., its affiliated companies, partnerships, and not for profit organizations within the guidelines of the organization. This position contributes to department and organization success by preparing profitability analysis, analytical analysis, pro formas and forecasts for various projects as assigned. In addition, this position will have a key role in the annual budgeting process for the organization as whole.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Collaborates as a key member of project teams providing budget/forecasting models, cost, analytical and profitability analysis in alignment with development plans.
• Monitors development and construction costs in consideration of project plan, budget/forecasting models and analysis, providing updated models and/or variance analysis ongoing.
• Prepares financial analysis for various projects as requested by CFO.
• Works closely with the CFO in developing an annual budget/forecast model in consideration of various business lines for operating entities owned and/or managed by Tawani.
• Facilitates the annual budget/forecast process providing ongoing user support and financial review and analysis prior to review and approval by Executive Leadership.
• Provides detailed analytical reports in customer friendly format outlining assumptions, analytical data and forecasted results in alignment with project and approval deadlines.
• Presents financial analysis, forecasts, etc. to customers including project team members, finance team members, executive leadership, board members and external partners as required.
• Assists in the completion of various account analysis or workpaper support working with various accounting team members as assigned by the CFO.
• Responsible for special projects as assigned by the CFO.
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required
• CPA or Master’s Degree Preferred
• Accounting or financial analyst experience with an emphasis in financial/budget modelling
• Must be skilled in analyzing and interpreting financial and numeric data
• Must have excellent Excel and Microsoft products
• Must have very good verbal and inter-personal skills
• Ability to interpret and communicate financial results, strategic initiatives, and financial assumptions to non-financial peers
• Quality reporting in an efficient and timely manner is essential
• Must have excellent work habits and be a reliable self-starter who can also participate as a team member
• Proficient knowledge of accounting software
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and financial analysis/modelling is required
• Background or exposure to not for profit organizational accounting is a plus
DEPARTMENT: TAWANI Property Management
Property Management is the process of maintaining and creating value in real property consistent with the owner’s objectives through the efficient balance of tenant and owner relations, financial budgeting and expense control, risk management and all other operational aspects of the property in compliance with the highest standard of professional ethics and enthusiasm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Prepare property budgets as required
• Secure necessary approvals from Director of Property Management
• Communicate property budgets in owner preferred format.
• Monitor compliance with established budget.
Prepare timely and accurate monthly variance reports and other financial information as required.
• Review and audit the monthly accounting reports in preparation of reporting discrepancies.
• Interpret and prepare written explanations to the monthly reports.
Maintain property conditions in a manner that is consistent with the owner’s objectives.
• Inspect property regularly, noting deficiencies (i.e. landscaping, fire protection, housekeeping, etc.)
• Follow-up on repairs with appropriate contractor (i.e. roof, HVAC, etc.) or direct other to complete for your review and approvals.
• Ensure facility compliance with terms and conditions of all service contracts, local codes and insurance carriers.
• Provide direction to staff and contractors that will preserve the aesthetic appeal of the property and integrity of systems.
Inspire and maintain positive tenant relations.
• Ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the lease agreement
• Meet with all tenants to maintain positive tenant relations in accordance with TPM/TEI policy and procedures
• Address tenant issues
• Provide accurate and timely information regarding financial information per the terms and the conditions of the lease.
Coordinate and negotiate vendor contracts for property level services in accordance with the parameters of the management agreement.
• Review all property service contracts in preparation of bidding process based on the management agreement and TPM/TEI policy and procedure.
• Base contracts on specific specifications with reputable vendors to achieve the best value as it relates to excellent property service.
• Service contracts to be in compliance with regards to management agreement along with current accurate insurance certificates in place.
• Review and approve vendor invoices for payment and issue to accounting for processing according to TPM/TEI accounting procedure.
• Accurate coding reduced the number of re-classes therefore maintaining reports in a professional manner.
Assist in the leasing efforts of the properties in accordance with the parameters of the management agreement.
• Maintain all vacant suites in a neat, clean and orderly manner based on budget.
• Incorporate leasing assumptions in budget based on input from outside or inside leasing staff.
• Track lease expirations and notify leasing agent six (6) months prior.
• Review delinquent receivables and follow TPM/TEI policy and procedures
• Assimilate required information for appraisers, attorneys, auditors and/or tax consultants.
• Review lease and abstract for familiarization of terms and conditions of the lease in place.
• Attend pre-construction meeting, punch-list walk through with Project Manager and/or Construction Manager.
• Follow-up on timely satisfaction of all outstanding items.
• Conduct move-out walk through with tenant. Follow TPM move out policy and procedures
• Meet all internal/external deadlines
• Prepare and review CAM reconciliations and rent letters prior to being sent to tenants.
• Assist in providing due diligence information to corporate as needed or requested.
• Review all management agreements to ensure compliance.
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements: Possess the CPM or RPA designation or be actively enrolled in classes leading to either designation.
Licensing: Illinois Real Estate Broker’s License or be actively enrolled in classes leading to the license
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in commercial/residential property management
• Ability to interpret lease language
• Computer skills required include proficiency in Word, Excel and/or other accounting software.
• Construction management experience preferred
• Knowledgeable in building systems and emergency procedures.
• Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with clients, tenants, team members, and Vendors
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to adapt to changing portfolios
• Self-discipline, professionalism, and commitment
• Yardi Voyager
• Microsoft Office products
• Database management
• Intermediate to excellent computer skills